I am not this Body


This physical body is my burden. It cages the spirit that was once a part of the Supreme soul of the Universe. I am not this body. I am part of the energy that makes up the cosmic winds. If I close my eyes and concentrate on the ‘me’ within this physical form, I can always find it. I can speak to it and feel the power of its eternal youth. A moment ago, I felt some pain in my shoulder – it seemed to cramp my hands and neck. As I closed my eyes and clamped my teeth, I wondered if my soul felt the pain too. I concentrated and looked around for it in the darkness. “Do you feel the pain too?” I asked in my mind. It smiled back at me, emanating its eternal glow, “No...” it giggled. And miraculously, my pain subsided. The test of this survival is to emerge with an unscathed and powerful soul inspite of the limitations set before us on Earth. Beyond the earth and our short lives, we are all infinite. When the divide between our souls and that of the Universe’s subsides, that is when our bodies leave us finally; we rise, not as a ghost with defined proportions as in the movies, but as pure energy that flies back to where it came from. Like one missing piece from a puzzle, it reunites with its family – the Supreme soul of the universe. In that darkness, everything is visible – every mountain you ever wanted to climb, every abyss you were terrified of, every meadow you wanted to roll across, every star and every planet that you had never seen in real before. Balance is restored. That is the only purpose of our existence – to pass the test and restore balance – and in that lays our individual greatness.

So, do we sometimes fail the test too? Yes. When we are disillusioned by the physical form to believe that it is life – that we are merely machines that will run as long as the body is alive, when we debate about whether to listen to the heart or to the brain - forgetting that we have an ancient soul residing within us, when the soul cannot make itself heard: that is when it fails the test. That is when ‘we’ fail to restore balance. The body leaves us in due time to reunite with the energy in the earth that had created it. The soul is left unnoticed as usual. Such energy can never reunite with the soul of the universe. It is too weighed down by loneliness to feel light and free. It must take the test again because it hadn’t accomplished enough to help restore balance. But, what about the souls that have achieved perfection? Do they fill their space in the puzzle and just become static? No. To them, this new life becomes an adventure. They move about and pass through each other, multiplying their adventures and friends. They travel all over, experiencing the universe and learning its secrets. They are happily lost in a place that has no end. So the next time someone reaches the door of death, it’s wiser to wish them a “Happy adventuring” than a “Rest in Peace” because the soul has rested enough already, caged within a body. Physical existence neutralises energy. Positivity coexists with negativity. Yet when we align our energy with positivity, say that we are optimistic about a certain incident in our earthly lives, the positivity in the universe is attracted by the negativity that remains in us inspite of the optimism. Subsequently, our optimism brings us the good news. Question can be why the negativity is not attracted by the positivity in us – answer is: cause we are carefully guarding against neutralising it. When we feel negative, more and more negative energy settles down in place of the few remaining positive corners of our soul, bringing the bad news. So, it’s all a game of energy – a chain of transmissions and transformations that never really tend to stop.

The universe is energy. We are energy. We can never die – just change from one form to another. Everything has life and we spend time experiencing each.


So, do you still think you are nothing more than your body? Do you think your life will be over with your physical death? I would recommend you close your eyes, take a deep breath and think “I am not this body”. The rest shall follow.


Comments

  1. oh my god. thank god i read this, i realise m not alone, thinking like this. thank you so much. this was a really refreshing read! go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Since we are so similar, I think if we talk soul to soul, we'll fight less.. :P

      Delete
  2. btw, read the book "the host". i like the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we do have a soul I believe. This is what guides us through life. It is not only the heart, brain and other organs that keep us alive. And yes, the soul tries to achieve perfection, but until then it remains bound by earthly ties. But when it does reach it's Utopia it is free, and it forms the missing link of the jigsaw puzzle like you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pretty summary of my post. Thanks for reading and commenting. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts