The Wait

For nine days, something has been holding me in total petrification. Christmas came and went. With a half-heartedly brightened demeanor, I attended the family get together. Now New Year is round the corner, and my face is still as cold and grey as the weather. I want the third of January to come fast. The war day! The Math exam.



In the history of examinations, has anyone ever seen a postponement by over a month? Well, Xaverians have! From the 22nd of November'12, the exam has been shifted to the 3rd of January'13. Torture of the highest order! The dark days are upon us. The end of the year is near. And so is a dark beginning to the new year. The cold too has grown notoriously heavy. Heaviest in the decade, the newsreaders say. Like the mercury, my patience is dropping. But the Petrificus curse seems to be holding on tight. Neither can I stay awake for long, doing Maths, nor can I go for a sound sleep under the quilts. Neither can I watch my favourite films scheduled on TV around this time of celebrations, nor can I get immersed in some storybook.




But I think my brain is slowly becoming a fugitive. It broke the bars yesterday and finished a fantasy novel, fell in love with its better half again, studied Astrals and Shared Dreaming practices and wondered if it would be safe to leave the body alone for a while and travel a thousand kilometres in one night.


Its like being suspended in midair for too long. No, I need to finish off with Math first! Life, thou cometh second.




Comments

  1. Mathematics! Ah. I always wonder who created the numbers, I never could understand them. Haha !
    Hope your exam was numberfiously good.
    Keep Writing !
    A reader always loves the writer's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts